Senior Manager – Asset & Wealth Management Consulting
We are currently engaged by a rapidly expanding global management consultancy to the asset and wealth management industry. Based in New York City, we are seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join a firm that offers the world’s top asset and wealth managers a competitive edge through unrivalled expertise and industry insight. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the largest global asset and wealth managers.
We want to hear from people with:
- At least 7+ years of proven wealth and/or asset management consulting experience at a recognized consulting firm or through an ‘in-house’ consulting/business development role (e.g., Group Strategy, Group Corporate Development) at a large asset or wealth management organization
- An excellent understanding of the asset management and/or asset servicing industry, across a range of client segments, offerings, and businesses
- Knowledge and a personal viewpoint on key trends in asset management, including front to back operating model, emerging products, and services
- Excellent consulting and problem-solving skills. Familiarity with recognized consulting frameworks and techniques; experience of research, quantitative analysis, structured problem solving and executive communication techniques
- Proven presentation skills, personal impact, and charisma to lead large-scale, senior meetings, presentations and workshops supported by first class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical, and impactful manner
- Proven track record of building and sustaining lasting relationships with C-Suite Executives of leading organizations in the sector; engaging and influencing C-suite stakeholders. This should include examples of client account support/management and preferably supporting business development
- Operating model design and implementation experience impacting business processes and/or IT solutions in some of the following areas: distribution, CRM, portfolio management & risk management, middle & back office processes and outsourcing
- Familiarity with at least some of the core technology platforms in use in the industry (e.g. Aladdin, Charles River, Bloomberg, SimCorp, Avaloq, Investcloud, IRESS)
- Intellectual capacity and ability to think in new, innovative ways to understand complex issues and develop creative solutions
- Ability to comfortably multi-task and engage on different projects and activities concurrently in challenging and often ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to mentor and coach team members; focus on team achievement, not just individual goals
- Flexibility to travel if required
The benefits of working with us:
- We invest in developing your talent. We run tailored training for all levels, which supports industry-leading qualifications including CFA, Prince 2, and IMC.
- Your progress is based on ability, not time. We don’t have promotion quotas and there is no ‘time-at-level’ requirement.
- You’ll work with great people. Our projects are complex and require a range of skillsets to solve the challenges we face. You’ll collaborate with people who have a range of expertise – which will help develop yours.
- You share in our success. We have a profit share scheme enabling everyone to share the firm’s success.